- Download the GridGuard specific package from the link provided below: https://www.syferlock.com/files/products/GridGuardVA-patches/VMWare_Tools-9.4.11-1.tar.bz2 (Product download credentials required)
- Upload the download package to the GridGuard-VA appliance via SCP
- Open a SSH session to the GridGuard-VA appliance
- Untar the uploaded file
tar xjpvf VMWare_Tools-9.4.11-1.tar.bz2
- Change directory into the extracted directory
- Run the 'install_VMWareTools.sh' script
This completes the installation of VMWare Tools. No reboot is required. VMWare ESX(i) should now be able to detect the VM as an 'Unmanaged' host. This means that the VM has VMWare tools installed, but ESX(i) does not manage the installation / upgrades of the guest's tools.