Provides an overview of the system architecture for a non-claims aware web application.
High Level Network Architecture
The main components involved in this integration:
1. Web Application Proxy - This is a reverse proxy server that ensures that the user is authenticated before the user is allowed to access the target application
2. ActiveDirectory Directory Server - A windows server running ActiveDirectory software
3. ActiveDirectory Federation Server - A windows server running ActiveDirectory Federation Services
4. GridGuard Server - A GridGuard virtual appliance
5. Application Server - A web application server that supports Integrated Windows Authentication with Kerberos Constrained Delegation for authenticating users.