Provides a high level workflow of the registration process workflow
Registration Sequence Diagram
The various steps in the registration process are:
- The user navigates to the Netscaler / AGEE login page URL
- Login page is displayed to the user
- User enters username and clicks the Login button
- GridGuard performs a check to determine if the user is already registered. This check will come back negative for unregistered users
- GridGuard looks up user in Active Directory to determine if the user is a member of groups authorized to use GridGuard (if such a group has been specified)
- Active Directory responds back to indicate if the user is a member of the group. For valid users, this will return back a successful return code
- GridGuard displays the user registration page
- User enters their network password to verify their identity, and the PIN and target corner and clicks the Register button
- GridGuard performs a bind against Active Directory to verify password
- Active Directory responds back to indicate if the bind was successful. A successful bind indicates that the password was correct.
- After the password is successfully validated, the user is registered in the GridGuard system with the selected PIN and target corner
- A confirmation page is displayed to the user indicating that the registration is successful. There will also be a link provided on the page to redirect the user back to the initial login page.