Instructions for installing the GridGuard Virtual Appliance on the VMWare virtualization platform.
The instructions given below apply to VMWare ESX / ESXi Server. If you are running a different version of hypervisor software, please adapt these instructions as necessary. In particular, if you are running VMWare Server 2, you will need to run the OVA file through the VMWare Converter Standalone Client before you can boot up the virtual appliance.
- Download the GridGuard™ OVA file and save it to a datastore attached to your VMWare ESX/ESXi server
- Launch VMWare Infrastructure Client
- Select menu option File > Deploy OVF Template.
Provide the following details:
- Source: Specify location where the OVA file has been saved
- Accept the End User License Agreement
- Name: Specify a name for the server
- Select the resource pool within which to deploy the appliance
- Specify the datastore to store the virtual machine files
- Virtual disk format: Thick provisioned format
- Networks: Internal
- Click ‘Finish’ to deploy your virtual machine.