The instructions given below apply to Oracle VirtualBox 4.x. VirtualBox 3.x and earlier are not supported due to lack of OVF support.
- Download the GridGuard OVA file and save to a location accessible by the VirtualBox Manager.
- Browse to File -> Import Appliance
- Select the GridGuard OVF file and press ‘Next’.
- Uncheck the ‘DVD’ checkbox and press ‘Finish’.
- Start the GridGuard-VA virtual machine
- Once the virtual machine starts, the OS will have report an error trying to start the X Windows system. Press ‘Yes’ to all of the given questions and the X Windows system will probe for a proper video card. Once the GUI interface appears, select the ‘Hardware’ tab and click on the ‘Select’ button for choosing a monitor. Select the ‘1024x768 generic CRT’’ and press ‘Ok’. The GUI interface should start properly now.