This is a list of questions, options, and settings that one should think about prior to beginning the GridGuard Virtual Appliance installation. The answers and choices made will impact your solution design.
1. General Engagement Details
Please provide the following general details for the Proof of Concept/Demo. These answers will be used to determine the scope of the Proof of Concept and allow us to plan time to support your initial work with the solution.
- Estimated Date of Install of Proof of Concept:
- Estimated Date of POC Demo:
- Estimated Length of Demo:
- Estimated Number of Users for Demo:
- Do you need High Availability and Disaster Recovery Support for the POC:
General Details for the Production Solution. These answers will ensure we design your production solution to meet your current and future expectations.
- Estimated Date of Install for Production:
- Estimated Number of Production Users:
- Do you need High Availability and Disaster Recovery Support for Production:
- Will High Availability and Disaster Recovery Support for Production be added later:
2. GridGuard Authentication Solution Required
What level of Authentication is required?
Multi-factor authentication solution featuring GridPIN and password. This is the browser based server side installation.
Two factor authentication. We have GridSoftToken as well as SMS and Email Solutions.
3. Virtualization Platform
GridGuard will be installed as a virtual appliance on the virtualization platform of your choice. We recommend VMWare ESX/ESXi. However we have a variety of platforms that have been tested and certified.
See the list at the following link.
4. Virtual Machine Specifications
The Virtual Machine minimum requirements are located at the following link.
5. User Store
Please select the type of user store that is used to authenticate users. This is the directory that will be used as the database of record to determine who valid users are.
The Bind DN service account provided above should have the following rights:
- Connect to the User store
- Query for users
6. User Store Policy Questions
Are there corporate requirements for allowing or disallowing communication between your SSL VPN solution and User Store? If so, please explain.
Are there any policies in place for currently authenticating with your SSL VPN solution (e.g.: Single Sign On)? If so, please explain.
7. Requirements For Deployment
Given above are the requirements to be met for the installation of the GridGuard authentication solution.