Provides a high level workflow of the registration process workflow
Registration Sequence Diagram
The various steps in the registration process are:
- The user navigates to the Array AG portal page URL.
- The browser is redirected to login URL.
- Username page is displayed to the user.
- Array proxies the username page URL request to the GridGuard Server.
- GridGuard respondes with login page
- Array proxies the response
- The user enters username and clicks the Login button to submit.
- Array proxies the login URL request to the GridGuard Server.
- GridGuard performs a check to determine if the user is already registered. This check will come back negative for unregistered users.
- GridGuard looks up user in Active Directory to determine if the user is a member of groups authorized to use a GridGuard (if such a group has been specified)
- Active Directory responds back to indicate if the user is a member of the group.
- GridGuard displays the user registration page. For valid users, this will return back a successful return code. For invalid users a dummy grid is displayed.
- Array proxies the response back to the user's browser.
- User enters their network password to verify their identity, and the PIN and target corner and clicks the Register button.
- GridGuard performs a bind against Active Directory to the verify the user entered password.
- Active Directory responds back to indicate if the bind was successful. A successful bind indicates that the password was correct.
- After the password is successfully validated, the user is registered in the GridGuard system with the selected PIN and target corner.
- Registration status is logged to the audit database.
- A confirmation page is displayed to the user indicating that the registration is successful. There will also be a link provided on the page to redirect the user back to the initial login page.