Frequently Asked Questions by GridGuard Administrators
1. Q. What can a GridGuard Administrator do?
A. Gridguard Administrators can reset a user’s account information (Which forces the user to re-register), change a user’s password target position, and also have visibility into user’s account activity.
2. Q. How many of a user’s activity transactions are listed in the security center?
A. Administrators can observe the last 15 transactions of the specified user’s activity.
3. Q. Does everybody have the administration section in their security center?
A. No. The Administration section in the Security Center is available to those individuals who are a member of the Grid Administrators group. These group(s) can be defined on the User Groups tab as shown above. Multiple groups can be defined; one per line.
4. Q. How can I force a user to re-register with GridGuard™ again?
A. You will need to login to your Security Center. Click on “Reset User Account” option. Enter the user name to search, then click “Reset” button. You will see the confirmation screen. User will go through the “Day 1 Registration” process at next login attempt.
5. Q. How do I set up the AD service account with the permission to update custom Attributes?
A. Follow the steps given below:
Disable Property Filtering (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296490)
- On AD Server, open file C:\Windows\System32\dssec.bat
- Under the [user] section, add the line ‘propertyname=0’
- Save & close file
- If ‘Active Directory Users & Computers’ mmc is open, close it
Start ‘Active Directory Users & Computers’ MMC
- Navigate to the OU level at which to grant permissions
- Right click and select Properties
- Select Security Tab
- Click Advanced
- Under Permission entries table, click Add
- Enter the group name
- Click ‘OK’ to display the ‘Permission Entry for Users’ screen
- Click on Properties tab
- Change Apply onto to ‘User objects’
- Under permissions, you should see ‘Read Custom Attribute X’ and ‘Write Custom Attribute Y’ permissions listed
- Check ‘Allow’ for attributes 1, 2, and 3
- Click OK and save changes