Provides instructions on how to configure GridGuard virtual appliance (server) to support Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). This is required for GridLite deployments where the grid will be queried for from a different appliance.
1. Ensure GridGuard virtual appliance (server) is accessible from the client using its FQDN.
2. Ensure GridGuard virtual appliance has a valid certificate installed. This solution will not work with self-signed certificates.
3. Must be using a recent version of a web browser. Supported versions include:
- Internet Explorer 8 or newer
- Firefox 3.5 or newer
- Safari 4 or newer
- Chrome 3 or newer
Edit Server Configuration
1. Launch an SSH session (putty) and connect to the GridGuard virtual appliance
2. Edit file /etc/httpd/conf/gridguard-http-common.conf
Add directive Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin * under section <Location /gridguard/rest/grid>
3. Execute command 'service httpd restart'