To comply with US export regulations, by default 128 bit encryption keys are used to encrypt data on the GridGuard server. The jurisdiction policy files shipped with the Java 2 SDK allow "strong" but limited cryptography to be used. An "unlimited strength" version of these files indicating no restrictions on cryptographic strengths is available for those living in eligible countries (which is most countries). You can download this version and replace the strong cryptography versions supplied with the Java 2 SDK with the unlimited ones.
Download Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files
GridGuard Version less than 5.4.0
1. Launch a browser and navigate to
GridGuard version greater than 5.4.0
Click the Accept License Agreement radio button.
2. Download the JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files zip.
Install JCE on GridGuard Server
- Launch the Admin and Configuration Console (ACC) and select the Encryption Keys option
- Click the 'Edit High Encryption Settings' button
- If the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) libraries have already been installed, this value will be checked
- Click '+Choose' to select the downloaded JCE zip file and then 'Upload' to upload the zip file
- Click 'Apply JCE Policy File' to apply the JCE zip file.
- Restart gridserver service.