Instructions for installing the GridGuard Virtual Appliance on the VMWare virtualization platform.
The instructions given below apply to VMWare ESX / ESXi versions 5.1 or greater. If you are running a different version of hypervisor software, please adapt these instructions as necessary.
- Download the GridGuard™ OVA file
- Launch VMWare vSphere or browse to vCenter Web application
- Select menu option File > Deploy OVF Template.
Provide the following details:
- Source: Specify location where the OVA file has been saved
- Accept the End User License Agreement
- Name: Specify a name for the server
- Select the resource pool within which to deploy the appliance
- Specify the datastore to store the virtual machine files
- Virtual disk format: Thick provisioned format
- Networks: Define appropriate vSwitch
- Click ‘Finish’ to deploy your virtual machine.
There is a known issue with early releases of VMWare vCenter 6.5 with importing OVAs.
If you recieve an error while importing the OVA, please run the VMWare ovatool untility to workaround the vCenter issue.
- Download and install VMWare Ovftool.
- Now execute ovftool to alter the OVA file to work around the VMWare OVF import issue
- #> ovftool --skipManifestGeneration <Orignal GridGuard OVA File Path> <Workaround Gridguard OVF File Path>.ovf
- You may need to put the full path to the ovftool executable.
- Imported <Workaround GridGuard OVF File> via vCenter/vSphere