Frequently asked questions about the GridGuard Virtual Applianc
1. Q. How do I enable “HTTPS” for ACC?
A. HTTPS is enabled by default. The ACC is accessible at https://gridserver:8443/admin
2. Q. How to re-start GridServer in GridGuard VA?
A. Restart the GridServer tomcat service by executing command below while logged in as root or gridadmin:
Service gridserver restart
3. Q. Why do I see a "kernel panic” during the boot process of the virtual machine?
A. Edit the GridGuard Virtual Appliance VM guest settings and change the SCSI controller type from ‘BusLogic’ to ‘LSI Logic Parallel’
Note: If this change is not made, it might cause a kernel panic during the boot process of the virtual machine.
4. Q. What are the various components loaded within the GridGuard Virtual Appliance 5.x?
A. For the GridGuard Virtual Appliance 5.x the components loaded includes the following:
Apache Web Server 2.2
Apache Tomcat 6.0
OpenLDAP Server 2.4
PostgreSQL Database Server 9.0
Sun Java 6.0
5. Q. What are the various components loaded within the GridGuard Virtual Appliance 6.x?
A. For the GridGuard Virtual Appliance 6.x the components loaded includes the following:
Apache Web Server x.y
Apache Tomcat x.y
Symas OpenLDAP Server x.y
PostgreSQL Database Server x.y
GridRadius Server x.y
GridGuard Libsyfer x.y
Sun Java x.y